Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Workoutlikeamum Ltd takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This Privacy and Data Protection Policy is designed to tell you, the user of the website and any other services provided by workoutlikeamum Ltd, about the practices used regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal and other information about you that may be provided via the website or collected through other means such as electronic and paper forms, email, text, WhatsApp or telephone communication.
This policy applies to information provided by users and registered clients of workoutlikeamum Ltd.
By using the Service, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information about you in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by, this Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
Workoutlikeamum Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). The Act sets out several important principles that organisations must apply when processing personal data. For more information see http://www.ico.gov.uk/.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Workoutlikeamum may, with your consent, collect the following data:
- Your contact information including name, email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Medical information
- Lifestyle information
- Body composition measurements including your weight
HOW IS THIS DATA USED?
Workoutlikeamum Ltd requires this information to understand your needs as a client and provide you with a better service, and for the following lawful basis:
With your Consent (you have agreed and opted in to give your consent):
- We may periodically contact you by phone, email, text message or mail to inform you about changes to the services, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the information you have provided (except where you have asked us not to do this).
- With your consent from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Body measurements are only taken with your consent. They will be used to measure and track progress while training with workoutlikeamum Ltd working towards results specified in your goals.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Legal Obligation: processing is necessary for workoutlikeamum Ltd to comply with HMRC laws regarding accounting processes and record keeping:
- Internal record keeping.
- Payment collection. Please note we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
Vital Interests (it’s important to protect your life)
- Medical information is collected to ensure that you do not have any medical conditions that would affect your ability to exercise safely and to identify whether you need a medical professional’s consent to exercise prior to working with workoutlikeamum Ltd.
SECURITY – HOW YOUR DATA IS STORED
Workoutlikeamum Ltd is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, there are suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all the information collected:
- All electronic data is stored in encrypted files on a secure computer.
- All written information is kept in a locked cabinet at all times unless it is being used for specific purpose as specified above in ‘How is this Data Used?’.
- Any electronic data no longer used or needed is deleted.
- Any written data either no longer needed or transferred onto an electronic data is put through a shredder and disposed of.
HOW LONG YOUR DATA IS KEPT
Workoutlikeamum Ltd will only keep your data if it is needed. All personal data will be deleted (electronic data) or shredded (paper files) if you are no longer an active client. If you have not used workoutlikeamum Ltd services for 6 months or more all data will be deleted other than: your name; which sessions you attended; and payments made (which are all required for accounting & audit purposes). If you return as a client after 6 months all registration documents will need to be re-done.
HLINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The workoutlikeamum website may contain links to other websites of interest. This privacy & data protection policy only covers use of workoutlikeamum services and therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide when you visit sites we link to. We advise when visiting other websites, you exercise caution and check the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
In addition, if you came to our Service via a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or
operator if you have any concerns or questions.
HOW IS DATA COLLECTED ON THE WEBSITE?
Information may also be gathered through the Service without you actively providing it, using various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work).
We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to the Service, and to administer and improve the Service.
We use log files generated by our web servers to analyse site usage and statistics, but the files do not identify any personal. Log file analysis helps us to understand usage patterns on our website and to make improvements to our service.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an. The
web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
NOTIFICATIONS OF CHANGES TO THE POLICY
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Completing a Contact preferences & consent form and specifying which forms of contact you wish to restrict.
- Whenever you receive an email there is an option to reply with the text ‘unsubscribe’ which will take you off the mailing list.
- Whenever you receive a WhatsApp message in a workoutlikeamum group you can opt to leave the group if you no longer want future communications within that group.
- Whenever you receive a phone call from us you may request that we do not contact you by phone in future.
- Whenever you receive a text message from us you may request that we do not contact you by text in future.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
workoutlikeamum customers should note we reserve the right to contact you with important account information deemed necessary to ensure you receive an effective service. This includes the communication of results and other information deemed by workoutlikeamum to be relevant and important in ensuring you receive the best possible service and results.
Workoutlikeamum Ltd will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about workoutlikeamum services.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write an email to email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct it in line with your request.